Transfer Keitaro to a new server
Transfer Keitaro from a hosting to a VPS
- Update to the latest version of Keitaro, make sure there are no available updates.
- Go to application/config/config.ini file and save DB username, DB password, DB name, Prefix and Salt for passwords.
- Go to phpMyAdmin - add «phpmyadmin/index.php» to your server's address.
- Go to the Export tab and click OK and save the DB dump to your computer.
- If your database is big, log in to your server with ssh, and run a command
mysqldump -u USER -p DATABASE_NAME | gzip > dump.sql.gz. Где USER is your DB username, and DATABASE_NAME is the DB name. Next, insert the DB password and click Enter. Then login to a NEW server with shh and run a command
scp user@old_server:/root/dump.sql.gz /root/dump.sql.gz. Correct the
- Next, install a tracker to a new server, and respond «yes» to the question about the database dump. Then insert the path to a saved DB from a previous tracker
- Insert salt for passwords from the previous config.ini.php file.
- After the installation is complete, go to Maintenance - Status and Reload Cache.
Error: can't log in after the reinstallation
curl http://keitarotds.com/getfile/reset_password > /var/www/keitaro/reset_password.phpin a Terminal.
- Open in browser
- Choose login and enter a new password, press “Change password”.
- Run in the terminal “rm /var/www/keitaro/reset_password.php” to delete the reset script.
pdo error: [1146: Table ‘keitaro_settings’ doesn’t exist] in EXECUTE(«SELECT * FROM keitaro_settings as t»)
Go to old server config.ini.php file, copy the Prefix for tables prefix to a new server config.ini.php file.
How Transfer Keitaro to Another hosting
- Change your license IP;
- Make the database dump in phpMyAdmin (Export tab);
- Copy all the Keitaro TDS files to the new server;
- Write the new database settings in application/config/config.ini file;
- Set 777 attributes for var directory (recursively);
- Import the database dump through phpMyAdmin (Import tab).
- Add cron.php launch task to planner.
How to Transfer Bot List to a new Tracker?
Copy files from
/var/www/keitaro/var/bots to the new server.
How can I add a mirror (change the domain)?
- Go to server control panel (ISPManager, cPanel, Parallels), domain properties;
- Find the «Mirror» field (also can be named Alias);
- Write new domain names there, separated by spaces.
Instruction for cPanel https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PU_TSFDvaUI.
Can I use a domain as a mirror which is on a different IP?
Yes, it is possible and you don't need to buy an additional license. The only restriction is that you can open an admin panel from a domain with the license.
How can I transfer software to another domain?
- Change the IP licenses, if the new domain is located at another IP address;
- Move all the files to the new directory;
- Setup the planner again.
In most cases it is easier to add the new domain as a mirror to the old one than move all the files and settings.
How can software be reinstalled?
Delete the file var/log/install.lock, Download and launch the installation again..
Will my data be deleted after the reinstallation?
No, if you insert the same database identity.
Can I use multiple TDS which are connected to the same database?
Yes but with some restrictions in the settings:
- Open the settings - «Performance» tab - «Storage for draft data» and then choose «MySQL» or «Redis»
- Choose «Memcached» at «Cache Storage». If you don`t see it there disable the caching.
The settings need to be applied in all installed TDS.
How to transfer the database without phpMyAdmin??
The command to create a database dump in a server console:
mysqldump -u USER -p DATABASE_NAME | gzip > dump.sql.gz
You will be asked to enter a password. Then the dump will be downloaded into the archive dump.sql.gz.
The file can be copied from the old server to a new one with SCT utility:
scp dump.sql.gz root@IP:/tmp/dump.sql.gz
This command imports the dump into a database:
zcat /path/to/dump.sql.gz | mysql -u USER -p DATABASE_NAME