Flows are needed to distribute clicks.
Comparing to other trackers
Other trackers use another term for the same functionality:
Video about flow split-testing
# How flows work
Keitaro makes the following steps to decide what flow to use.
- Takes group of Forced Flows.
- Starting from the first Forced Flows, it checks the filters of each flow.
- If forced the click doesn't suitable for all the Forced Flows, Keitaro takes the next group Regular flows.
- How Keitaro checks Regular Flows is depended on if split-testing is turned on or not.
- (No spit-testing is off) Keitaro check the flows from the first to the last.
- (Split-testing is on) Keitaro check if binding is on and if the that device is already visited that campaign. If yes, it uses the previously selected flow. If no, it takes randomly a flow, then checks its filters. If click doesn't suitable for the filters, it takes the next random flow.
- If no regular flow was selected, Keitaro use Default Flow.
- If no Default Flow in campaign, Keitaro triggers Do Nothing action.
If stream is chosen, Keitaro follow the Flow Schema:
# Flow setting
Monitoring pro business
# Flow type
- Forced. The flows that intercepts clicks before regular flows.
- Regular. Normal flows.
- Default. Keitaro use that flow if click isn't suitable for any other flows.
Set the position among other flows.
Keitaro uses the weights to calculate share in clicks distribution when split-testing is turned on.
# Collect clicks
When turned off, Keitaro doesn't save clicks to statistics.
Turn flow on or off.
See Filters page.
See Monitoring page.
# Bulk actions
Mark flows to make available bulk actions.
Moves selected flows to Archive.
Clone selected flows.
Find and replace part substrings in flow URLs.
Keitaro can only replace in flow URLs. Replacing Landing and Offer URLs isn't supported.
Makes weight equal.
# Favourite flows
Press on that icon to make flow favourite:
To insert a favourite flow, open dropdown, then on the favourite flow:
- Favourite flows are shared across campaigns and users.
- When inserting favourite flow, it clones.
Unique clicks count.
# Flows FAQ
Why doesn't the flow work, or why does the click go to a wrong flow?
- Go to the Maintenance → Logs → Traffic page.
- Enable traffic log.
- Make a click, or wait until a click gets into a wrong flow.
- Look at a traffic log. There you'll be able see how the flow filters have just functioned.
Also, have a look at the Additional → Traffic Simulation menu. You can emulate getting any user to a campaign there.
How to send non-unique visitors to the same flows?
Use option Bind visitors in campaign settings.
How to send non-unique visitors to new flows?
Add filter Uniqueness in the flows.
How to intercept first X clicks in campaign?
Use filter Limit clicks
How to send clicks to specific flow?
Add a filter by one of a parameter, for example by "Sub ID 1". Give it a value
Add the same parameter to Campaign URL. Example:
If there are other flows that can intercept a click, add the sample filter, but in opposite mode (YES → NO).
How to intercept clicks from specific country?
Use Country filter. Campaign example:
- Flow 1. Country:
- Flow 2. Country:
- Flow 3. Country:
How to separate desktop and mobile phone between two flows?
Use Device type filter in the flows. Example:
How to get flow IDs?
Hide campaign settings by pressing that button: