To create or see your campaigns, click on the “Campaigns” in the top menu. Also, you can enable sidebar by clicking the button at the top-left part of the screen.
Campaigns can be used for:
- Tracking effectiveness of ad campaigns in advertising networks.
- Collecting leads from websites.
- Making rotation and target banners inside a banner block.
There are several ways to connect a campaign with the traffic source. For example, to send traffic directly to the campaign URL, to paste JS code or PHP code on your websites. See more information on Integration page.
How to Create a Campaign in Keitaro (video)
Video Tutorial on our YouTube channel about creating a campaign in Keitaro.
Go to “Campaigns” page in Keitaro and click on “Create”.
The name of your campaign.
A domain for a campaign's URL can be selected here. If you have professional or a business license, you can select from all your added domains. If you have a basic license, you can use only one domain.
The alias is used to generate the campaign address. For example, address with the alias “cmpx” will look like this
If you don't want to use an alias - upgrade to professional license.
The group of campaigns which the campaign will belong to.
If you set a source you can generate reports on this source and you will get a link of the campaign with all the necessary parameters.
Choose an algorithm of streams rotation. In other words, how streams are rotated:
* Without rotation, a click is sent to the streams in a row - from the stream in position 1 to the last stream. The transition to the next stream is only possible if the filter conditions rejected the user.
- Split testing, based on the weight of the stream, allows to randomly distribute users. If the stream filters reject the user, a random stream will be re-selected.
Read our detailed post about streams and filters work.
A way for setting the cost of clicks:
- CPC — cost per click;
- CPuC — cost per unique click.
- CPM - cost per 1k clicks.
- CPA - cost per acquisition.
- CPS - cost per sale.
If the “Auto” option is enabled, the cost of a click will be taken from the “cost” parameter. For example,
&cost=100¤cy=usd. If the “Auto” option is disabled, you have to set costs manually.
Traffic Loss, %
Traffic Loss is calculated in % and influence the calculation the campaign performance metrics.
CPC = OriginalCPC/(1-(traffic_loss/100))
Bind visitors to streams
If split testing option is enabled, users who have already visited the campaign will receive exactly the same result as during the previous visit, for example, they will be sent to the same landing page.
- Do not bind - visitors won't be bound to anything in a campaign.
- Streams - visitors will get to the same stream they visited before.
- Streams, LPs - visitors will get to the same stream and landing pages they visited before.
- Streams, LPs, offers - visitors will get to the same stream, landing page and the offer they visited before.
The feature which sets how the visitors will be identified as a unique:
- IP and UA - ip-address and user-agent.
- IP - only ip-address.
A number of hours when a user is considered as unique.
API token is used to access the campaign with Click API v3.
Enable/Disable the campaign.
Read about that feature on page Integration.
Parameters are used in building campaign tracking link, filters, and report columns.
List of available parameters
- keyword - keyword or search phrase
- ad_campaign_id — ID of the advertising campaign
- creative_id — That might be Banner ID or Adset ID
- external_id — Some unique click ID from traffic source
- source - website or publisher ID from traffic source
- cost - cost of a click (Option “Cost AUTO” must be checked in campaign settings)
- currency - currency of value 'cost'
- sub_id_1..15 — additional parameters for generating reports;
After changing source in campaign settings, all traffic source parameters replaced the current ones.
List of additional parameters
- currency - currency of value 'cost'
- charset - charset for value in parameter 'keyword'
- se_referrer - referrer of a search engine. Pass this parameter if you need to pull out the keyword from it;
- se - search engine name. If se_referrer is passed, then it is not necessary to pass it;
Global parameters aliases
You can specify aliases for all the campaigns in the Settings.
List of reserved parameters
You can't use or specify alias names with the following words:
Here you can configure the sending of notifications to third-party services and trackers. To transfer the postback to the traffic source, use the “Postback” option in the source settings.
- URL — set the address where to send a postback;
- Status — choose the conversion status to send a postback.
How to use campaign in an advertising network
Add a traffic source, choose it in the campaign settings. Get campaign tracking link and use it for ad.
How to connect a campaign in a different way
Read at the page Integration.
How to update campaign costs?
You can find that feature in campaign menu “Update Costs”.
The costs sum is divided equally to the full amount of visitors. For example, if the cost is equal to 500$, and 1000 clicks, the cost is 0.5$ per click.
Costs can be updated by Ad Campaign ID, Creative ID, Site, click's SubId, Stream ID and Sub ID 1…15.
Why split testing feature separates traffic with more/less than I set in weight?
There are two reasons:
- It happens because of filters in the streams. A randomly chosen stream might not take the user because of the filters set to it. That is why the user goes to another stream.
- The random number generator is used at the moment when a stream is selected. It gives some error (+- 10%) when the number of visitors is small (up to 1000)
How can the campaign statistics be cleared up?
Choose “Clear data” in “Additional” menu on the Streams page.
How to test filters?
Choose “Traffic simulation” in the “Other” menu.
How to hide the source of the traffic from my affiliate network?
Read on page How to Hide Referrer.
How is the uniqueness of the user checked?
First, the presence of a label in cookies is checked. If there are no cookies, then the presence of a device record (the pair IP + UserAgent) is checked by the database. The uniqueness is checked separately for campaign, stream and for all streams at once.